We held a Labor Day Picnic for Staff and Residents on Monday, September 3rd.
We delivered a Goody Bag for our Newsboy on September 4th for Newspaper Carrier Day.
- Grandparents Day Ice Cream Social – Sunday, September 9th at 2pm in the Main Dining Room with an ice cream bar, games & prizes
- 9/11 First Responders Fish Fry Dinner – Will deliver Fish Fry Dinners to Police, State Police, Fire Station, and EMS between Noon and 1pm
- National Milk Shake Day – Residents and Staff
- September 13th is Fortune Cookie Day – Will deliver fortune cookies to referral sources with tag line “We are fortunate to take care of your patients”
- September 18th – National Cheeseburger Day for Residents
- September 21st – Free meal for staff in Sports Theme – Build your own Nachos bar – Staff can wear sports jersey’s/shirts with their jeans
- September 28th – Be a Good Neighbor Day – Will deliver ½ dozen cookies to each home surrounding our building, thanking them for being a good neighbor to us
- Counting Corn Kernel Contest – Held in break room all month long. Will win the Cathedral cup containing the number of corn kernels, staff will try to guess the number – closest without going over wins a $25 gift card
- Adopt a Shelter Dog Month: Will host a Pet Food Drive the whole month with boxes located in building and in chapel (for church participation). Will deliver the donations on 11/1 with Residents to local pet shelter. Also looking for the shelter to bring in a few dogs/cats for Residents to play with at the facility.
- Customer Service Month – Will hold a Customer Service MANDATORY inservice training on Monday, October 1st at 7:00am and 1:30pm to go over basic customer service, phone etiquette, etc.
- Kindred Hospice doing presentation for Hospice 101 to RN staff at their meetings at 7am and 1:30pm on October 4th
- National Golf Day – October 4th taking Residents to Putt Putt
- October 8th – Staff Pumpkin Pie eating contest at 1:30pm in Dining Room
- October 10th – National ER Nurses Day – Will bring chocolate dipped pretzel sticks to ER Nurses
- October 11th – Breakfast Bingo at 9:30am
- October 17th- Resident Pasta Day – Making pasta necklaces and possibly pasta
- October 19th – Staff Meal – Chili themed
- October 23rd – National Clergy Month – Will give clergy Thank You Cards and gifts from Cathedral
- October 26th – National Cookie Month – Will give a variety of cookies to Referral Sources (10 trays)
- October 31st – Staff & Resident Halloween Party – 2pm in Main Dining Room – Will have contest for best costume voted by Residents – will invite Advisory Board to vote as well. Will have cupcakes, cookies, chex mix, and drinks. Music and decorations.
- October 31st – Will participate in Trick or Treaters to come inside facility and have Residents in semi-circle in Main Dining Room to pass out candy